From November 20 to 24, the second edition of “Week of Economics Education” took place in the Netherlands. The substantive program of the Week of Economics Education was developed for and by education professionals and offered inspiration on how to create space within the economics subject for different economic thinking.
Organized by De Haagse Hogeschool (The Hague University of Applied Sciences), VI One Consultancy attended the workshop “Designing Value Networks through Lego®️ Serious Play®️ (LSP)”, leading participants in a process of creative thinking and problem solving, guided by an amazing Liliya Terzieva.
LSP is based on a number of principles with regard to personal leadership in organizations. These are:
• The Succes of Organizations is based upon their people.
• Leaders don’t have all the answers.
• Success can be realized on hearing all voices in the room
• People do want to contribute, take ownership and be part of the bigger purpose
• When you bring people together, the outcome is more than the sum of the parts.
• We live in a complex world in which people and organizations constantly have to adapt.
Researchers, students and managers can benefit from play as a means of liberating thought, obstacles and discovering fresh approaches to persistent challenges, reversing the commonly held assumption that play is only for children.
#THUAS #inclusion #thepowerofconnection #imagination #networking